WHO CAN APPLY
The minimum requirement for new Master students is a completed course at Bachelor level, which is specialised in design, architecture, art, or science. For the new Design Curating & Writing Master we welcome applicants with a Bachelor level in Design, Art, Architecture, Art- or Design History or Curatorial Studies.
WHEN TO APPLY
Final application deadline for non-EU students: June 1st 2014.
Final application deadline for EU students: June 15 2014.
HOW TO APPLY
You can upload and save your application documents on the Design Academy Eindhoven website through the following LINK
Designers work in a world in flux. They are faced with complex themes that cannot be reduced to readily solvable design problems. More and more they will be crossing the boundaries of their disciplines, while the themes they work on deserve the critical view of well-informed creative minds. The Master course at Design Academy Eindhoven offers students the tools needed to research and analyse complex situations, and develop personal views on possible interventions, both to improve their individual design or design theory practice and to create (multidisciplinary) collaborations with others.
The Master course is a two year full time program in English.
In order to attend one of the Master programs you must first pass a selection.
Find more information about the departments:
DESIGN CURATING AND WRITING, INFORMATION DESIGN, CONTEXTUAL DESIGN, SOCIAL DESIGN.
The Masters application procedure for the academic year 2014-15 consists of two important moments:
- Review creative portfolio and motivation
no fees are requested for this applicationInterview
only applicants who were positively reviewed will be invited for an interview
APPLICATION CHECK LIST
- All forms (application forms, motivation form) must be complete. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
The application form holds general contact and personal information, your working experience and previous education, information about the financial support you will have for your studies and which programme you are applying for.
- The motivation form is a statement describing your motivations and expectations concerning the studies at Design Academy Eindhoven you wish to apply for, including your professional expectations after completion of your studies. Also mention some topics that you would like to research as thesis proposal for your second year.
Send this motivation form as a WORD or PDF document to email@example.com !
Please upload this with the rest of the documents.
- Digital Portfolio
- The purpose of the portfolio is to show a selection of your work, interests and fascinations. It should reflect who you are as creative person, your position in the (design) world and your vision. We ask you to prepare a slide show were you can include images of your concepts and products, experiences of research, design-related or not. Sketches, unfinished or conceptual work can also be included in the portfolio. In this presentation you must also include a max.5 minutes video where you state your motivation to apply for the Master program.
- ONLY REQUESTED FOR DESIGN CURATING & WRITING APPLICANTS:
- Upload an article you wrote (max 1000 words), it could be an essays, or other work that evidences your expertise as writer.
- Upload a valid copy of your passport.
- Upload a digital picture portrait of you.
- Applicants who do not speak English as mother language will be requested to provide evidence of their English level. The English certificates required can be also sent after the interview date.
- Applicants who do not have English as mother language but they did attend a study in an English speaking country during the last two years, can present a certificate from their school stating their language level, instead of the language certificate.
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO IF YOU ARE ACCEPTED
- Students who are accepted into the Masters programs will have to pay a pre-deposit on the tuition fees of € 500 within two weeks from their acceptance date.
- Students who are accepted will receive detailed information and guidelines on visa preparation by email.
- Tuition fees must be paid before June 1st, 2014.
- Students who have been accepted in 2013/2014, but have deferred a year, must confirm by registered mail, from January 10, 2014 that they wish to start the program in September 2014, or else your space will be taken by another candidate. Confirmation means that you register as student for the academic year 2014/2015, according to the regulations and fees of that academic year.
- Students who are accepted, but for a serious reason need to defer a year (meaning they will not be able to start their studies in September 2014), must notify the Master Office by email, before May 31st, 2014.
In case of late cancellation (later than May 31th 2014) you will lose your € 500 tuition fee deposit. In case you will not be able to begin the school year 2015-16 you will loose your deposit. We will need to receive a copy of your Bachelor degree, issued by the educational institution that awarded your undergraduate degree (bachelor level). If you are not sure about the validity of your diploma you can contact Nuffic (http://www.studyinholland.nl/), in order to check if your title can be certified as bachelor diploma. Students who are graduating later in the year 2014 must bring a certificate issued by the Board of Exams of the educational institution, reporting that you are regularly enrolled for the bachelor level exam and the exam date.
- We will need to receive a copy of your Bachelor degree, issued by the educational institution that awarded your undergraduate degree (bachelor level). If you are not sure about the validity of your diploma you can contact Nuffic (http://www.studyinholland.nl/), in order to check if your title can be certified as bachelor diploma. Students who are graduating later in the year 2014 must bring a certificate issued by the Board of Exams of the educational institution, reporting that you are regularly enrolled for the bachelor level exam and the exam date.
- Students not having English as a first language are required to have adequate results in an English language proficiency test: a TOEFL score of 550 (213 in the TOEFL computer-based test) or IELTS 7 or Cambridge Exam-Proficiency level. For Chinese students it is mandatory to deliver the language certificates, this is a NUFFIC regulations.
It is a requirement to have a good knowledge of the English language in order to be able to clearly communicate with your mentors and in order to develop and write your thesis research.