Designers work in a world in flux. They are faced with complex themes that cannot be reduced to readily solvable design problems. More and more they will be crossing the boundaries of their disciplines, while the themes they work on deserve the critical view of well-informed creative minds. The Master course at Design Academy Eindhoven offers students the tools needed to research and analyse complex situations, and develop personal views on possible interventions, both to improve their individual design or design theory practice and to create (multidisciplinary) collaborations with others.
The Master course is a two year full time program in English.
In order to attend one of the Master programs you must first pass a selection.
The Masters application procedure for the academic year 2014-15 consists of two important moments:
- Review creative portfolio and motivation
no fees are requested for this applicationInterview
only applicants who were positively reviewed will be invited for an interview
WHO CAN APPLY
The minimum requirement for new Master students is a completed course at Bachelor level, which is specialised in design, architecture, art, or science.
HOW TO APPLY
FROM JANUARY 6 2014 you will be able to upload and save your application documents on this page.
APPLICATION CHECK LIST
(these are the documents you can start to prepare for January 6th 2014)
- The motivation form is a statement describing your motivations and expectations concerning the studies at Design Academy Eindhoven you wish to apply for, including your professional expectations after completion of your studies. Also mention some topics that you would like to research as thesis proposal for your second year.
- Digital Portfolio:
The purpose of the portfolio is to show a selection of your work, interests and fascinations. It should reflect who you are as creative person, your position in the (design) world and your vision. We ask you to prepare a slide show were you can include images of your concepts and products, experiences of research, design-related or not. Sketches, unfinished or conceptual work can also be included in the portfolio. In this presentation you must also include a max.5 minutes video where you state your motivation to apply for the Master program.
- A valid copy of your passport
- A digital picture portrait of you.
IMPORTANT TO KNOW
- Applicants who do not speak English as mother language will be requested to provide evidence of their English level. The English certificates required can be also sent after the interview date.
- Applicants who do not have English as mother language but they did attend a study in an English speaking country during the last two years, can present a certificate from their school stating their language level, instead of the language certificate.